Reno Sparks Neighborhoods consists of volunteers who team up with other groups in person and use the cloud to collaborate on community building projects.
Sparks Neighborhood Council
When: April 27th 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Where: Blind Onion in Downtown Sparks - 834 Victorian Ave, Sparks, Nevada 89431
- Introductions and meal (15 minutes)
- Goal Setting Icebreaker (10 minutes)
- Known Concerns: Homeless Services, Downtown Cleanups, Crime Reports, Fourth of July, regional communication)
- Guest Speaker - Staff from the Washoe County District Attorney (10 minutes)
- 39 North Community Nonprofit (10 minutes)
- Neighborhood Priorities Brainstorm (15 minutes)
- Document Neighborhood Concerns
- List of priorities to be shared
- Foundation for the Sparks action plan
- Discussion about Sparks Citizens Advisory Committee Last known meeting: May 14, 2015
Facebook Event Page
The Symposium will be on April 21st at the University. - Officer Tim Broadway
The date was moved to April 27th because we learned that the annual Symposium on Race and Policing may overlap. Here is the Facebook page they used last year but haven't found any public info on this year's event yet.
Initial Sparks Meeting
DATE CHANGE April 27, 2016, 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Sparks, NV Location to be determined based on number of RSVPs
An information packet will be available at the meeting with neighborhood information. In the event of high attendance, the packet will be made digital. Resources to help support your community building efforts will be developed as needed to address unique concerns that this neighborhood council identifies.
Fill out this short questionnaire to join other neighborhood volunteers. There are no required meetings. Whether you spend five minutes a month or 60 hours a week making your community better, you are welcome to use the resources here to empower your work.
Add Your Neighborhood
We have a list of 94 neighborhoods in South Washoe County to write about. If you want yours on the short list, email us a rough draft or post to the neighborhood comment board!
Seize no power.
Professionals and volunteers team up with groups and people to collaborate on community building projects