Renters Bill of Rights
Last updated Feb 3rd, 2016
These resources will help you know your rights as a renter in our area. We want to help you and your landlord form a great relationship.
Completed research is organized and posted HERE as the project develops.
Renter Google Drive Text Brainstorm
Anyone may go to this page and add text or links. Please do not erase anything because editing and organizing the information will be a later step.
Rent Landlord Research Links
- Tenant Rights http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=%2Fstates%2Fnevada%2Frenting%2Ftenantrights
- Fair Housing http://silverstatefairhousing.org/
- Nevada Law https://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/NRS-118.html
- Apartment Checklist http://cl.ly/2V173l3B290l451l142j
- Your Rights as A Renter http://www.consumeraffairs.com/rentals/how02.html
Fill out this short questionnaire to join a Neighborhood Council. There are no required meetings. Whether you spend five minutes a month or 60 hours a week making your community better, you are welcome to use the resources here to empower your work.
Add Your Neighborhood
We have a list of 94 neighborhoods in South Washoe County to write about. If you want yours on the short list, email us a rough draft or post to the neighborhood comment board!
Seize no power.
Professionals and volunteers team up with groups and people to collaborate on community building projects